[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] antialiasing etc.

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Nov 18 19:00:17 CET 2003

At 5:06 PM +0100 11/18/03, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
>chris/jamie: anybody could commit an updated version of the
>Gem-project-builder-project into the CVS ? preferably with relative
>paths...

I just did a commit of my most recent pbproj.  It seemed to have
worked fine, but you nevere knopw with the cvswrappers thing how well
it works.  Let me know if there are any problems - I can tar it up
and post it on my GEM page if needed.

>>>- on OSX pix_film and pix_video default to YUV
>>>- pix_film and pix_video take a 'colorspace rgb' or 'colorspace yuv'
>
>does "rgb" decode to RGB or to RGBA ? (might be confusing)

Technically it's ARGB on the Mac, but yes there's an alpha involved.
I don't think OSX version of GEM will ever do 24bit RGB.  I suppose
we can refer to it as RGBA from now on?

>anyhow, all my checks are for the first letter ('R'/'r') so this
>should be ok (but i'll have to check on this __APPLE__)

Mine checks for the first letter as well, so 'yuv', 'YuV', 'yourock',
and 'yellowroseoftexas' will all work.  I think it's clearer to write
'yuv' or 'rgb' especially in tutorials and helping beginners.

>>>- yuv_ objects are fully deprecated and will no longer be in
>>>distribution builds
>
>btw, should we remove the files in yuv/ then permanently ?

I don't see why not.  I don't think there's anything in there that
hasn't been moved to pix_ and updated and improved.

cgc