[GEM-dev] QT file size limit for pix_film?

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Fri Nov 21 22:35:02 CET 2003

Hi again,

after a little more digging I'm very confused by the whole thing, I also
can't load a particular 4GB QT. All these files are created the same, from
finalcut pro, mplayer -identify returns the same info for all of the
clips... I could stick the 4GB file up somewhere on an ftp server, but
would anyone want to download it to test??

also I'm getting a crash using gem when creating a new window once and a
while (on linux, using a CVS update from today) Here is the gdb output:

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 4804)]
0x401a7f1a in malloc_consolidate () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) where
#0  0x401a7f1a in malloc_consolidate () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x401a7af9 in _int_malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x401a716a in calloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x08093e88 in getbytes ()

another thing I noticed is that I've had to change the pix_texture's to
"mode 0" to get video showing on all sides of non-square objects (using
pix_film). Although I can load these other two mytery clips with pix_movie
I can't wrap them on a sphere because I can't set the pix_texture in
pix_movie to "mode 0" So only the upper left pixel of the file gets
textured. (as is the same with pix_film and pix_texture if I don't send
the "mode 0" message.

for verbosity's sake Gem reports:

pix_film:
GEM: pix_film:: unable to open file
/bigdisk/capture_backup/ride/gem_source/slowridesingle.mov

pix_movie:
opening /bigdisk/capture_backup/ride/gem_source/slowridesingle.mov with
format 1908
GEM: pix_filmNEW: Loaded file:
/bigdisk/capture_backup/ride/gem_source/slowridesingle.mov with 25993
frames (1024x512)

Whats this about "pix_filmNEW:" vs "pix_film::" ?

Thanks

Ben