[GEM-dev] FTGL and freetype2

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Mon Dec 1 21:55:48 CET 2003

Hey all,

I'm *still* trying to compile gem CVS. I guess it's more interesting that
I get a different problem eveytime I update! Now its FTGL and freetype2

I have freetype2 v 2.0.8-30 installed but FTGL stops on configure at:

checking for freetype-config... /usr/bin/freetype-config
checking for FreeType - version >= 9.0.3... configure: error: FreeType2 is
required to compile this library

Now the latest version of freetype on sourceforge is 1.3.1, the latest of
freetype2 is 2.1.5, but I'm getting nothing anywhere near 9.0.3???

Is this a typo in FTGL configure? What version of freetype2 do I need?

Oh and I'm using FTGL 2.07

So whats up??

Thanks
Ben