[GEM-dev] releasing today ?

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Dec 2 20:53:26 CET 2003

hi all

having worked a bit on the video/film stuff under windows, i hope it
works now.

however i made a change to pix_filmDarwin too (now that i think of it, i
  am not really sure anymore, why i did it), and so i need another
test-run on all the platforms

it works fine under linux (at least on my system)

the pix_film stuff should now work again under windows (it turned out to
be a problem with the auto-registering of classes: [pix_film] was
registered before (say) [pix_filmNT], which didn't do anything, so
nothing was drawn...

known problems: pix_filmQT crashes, and pix_filmNEW (which is default
under windows) crashes even more often under certain circumstances (it
is: when i load a quicktime-movie and afterwards an AVI everything is
fine. when i load an avi, loading quicktimes afterwards crashes (but

[pix_kaleidoscope] crashes with YUV (but i don't have the energy to fix
this), both under linux and windows.

i have changed some bits in pix_videoDS (namely: the return of the
Callback() is now set to NOERROR instead of S_FALSE. the old behaviour
gave me exactly one frame, and stopped capturing afterwards.)

i have added dummy "enumerate" and "dialog" to the [pix_video] class
(for all systems).

anything else ?

ah, i have made a bit of a mess with #define's in the film/movie/video
section.

everything else should work.

are we ready ?

mfg.as.dr