[GEM-dev] releasing today ?

tigital at mac.com tigital at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 21:41:16 CET 2003

On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 02:53  PM, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:

> hi all
>
> having worked a bit on the video/film stuff under windows, i hope it
> works now.
>
> however i made a change to pix_filmDarwin too (now that i think of it,
> i  am not really sure anymore, why i did it), and so i need another
> test-run on all the platforms
>
> it works fine under linux (at least on my system)
>
> the pix_film stuff should now work again under windows (it turned out
> to be a problem with the auto-registering of classes: [pix_film] was
> registered before (say) [pix_filmNT], which didn't do anything, so
> nothing was drawn...
>
> known problems: pix_filmQT crashes, and pix_filmNEW (which is default
> under windows) crashes even more often under certain circumstances (it
> is: when i load a quicktime-movie and afterwards an AVI everything is
> fine. when i load an avi, loading quicktimes afterwards crashes (but
>
> [pix_kaleidoscope] crashes with YUV (but i don't have the energy to
> fix this), both under linux and windows.
>
> i have changed some bits in pix_videoDS (namely: the return of the
> Callback() is now set to NOERROR instead of S_FALSE. the old behaviour
> gave me exactly one frame, and stopped capturing afterwards.)
>
> i have added dummy "enumerate" and "dialog" to the [pix_video] class
> (for all systems).
>
> anything else ?
>
> ah, i have made a bit of a mess with #define's in the film/movie/video
> section.
>
> everything else should work.
>

> are we ready ?

...not ready yet:  I'd like to pull down all these last minute changes
and see how it worx, but won't be able to until tonight...plus I think
everyone should sign off on it as well...btw, did we ever figure out
where binaries will be hosted?  remember, there are 3 different OSX
GEM's (G3, G4, G5)!

l8r,
jamie