[GEM-dev] releasing today ?

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Dec 3 09:34:52 CET 2003

tigital at mac.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 02:53  PM, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
>>
>> everything else should work.

ah, this should have read: "everything else should work as before" ...

>> are we ready ?
>

> ...not ready yet:  I'd like to pull down all these last minute changes
> and see how it worx, but won't be able to until tonight...plus I think
yes of course.
i know it was very bad style to check in changes on the last day of the
ultimatum, but ...

> everyone should sign off on it as well...btw, did we ever figure out

hmm, my english seems to have decreased: what exactly do you mean by
"sign off" ?
if you mean, everybody should get the latest sources, compile it (with
all the flavors (s)he likes) and test it (again), i perfectly agree.

> where binaries will be hosted?  remember, there are 3 different OSX
> GEM's (G3, G4, G5)!

well, i guess, the simplest place would be at the iem [gem.iem.at and
ftp.iem.at/pd/Externals/GEM] as the central place.
of course, i would have no rejections if there were (partly) mirrors
spreaded all over the world ...

mfg.a.dsr