[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] pix_background - no method for blur

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Dec 19 12:24:51 CET 2003

robcanning wrote:
> hi
> i think there is definitely something wrong with that right inlet in
> pix_background
> its not just me who has encountered the pix_background: no method for
> 'blur' error on windows.
> the left inlet works fine.
> perhaps the help file should be modified to show how the range $1 $2 $3
> message can be passed to the left inlet.

i still haven't tried it under windows (sorry), but it works under linux.

did you compile it yourself or is did you get a ready-made binary
somewhere (where?)

i am not sure about documenting the 1st inlet.
i still think that it is confusing to have several ranges for colors
(0to255 vs 0.0to1.0).
[but i agree, that objects refusing to work are even more confusing]

since Gem's openGL-colors (like [colorRGB]) are float-values (0.0to1.0)
for ages, i favour these one.

now for [pix_tIIR]
which version are you using ? compiled yourself ?
it is there on my machine...

mfg.a.sdr