[GEM-dev] Re: Gem/src/Pixes pix_filmDarwin.cpp,1.18,1.18

cgc at humboldtblvd.com cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Dec 11 17:01:36 CET 2003

Quoting IOhannes zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at>:

> hi.
> i have already implemented something similar under linux, but of course,
>
> differently.
> i am simply using the argument to "auto" as the framerate.
> so with "auto 0", no auto-playback is used,
> with "auto 1", we have normal speed playback.
> with "auto 0.5", we have half-speed playback.
>
> is this confusing to the user ?

I had considered doing this but did not use 'auto' because I didn't know if it
created a discrepency in behavior accross platforms.  My only question is: How
does using 'auto' affect existing patches?   If it doesn't really affect that
and as long as we have something consistant then either using 'auto' or 'rate'
is fine by me.

cgc