[GEM-dev] call for compilations

tigital at mac.com tigital at mac.com
Tue Jan 6 01:51:16 CET 2004

On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 04:47  PM, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
> X: unfortunately the X-code is hidden in GemMan.cpp, in the function
> dispatchGemWindowMessages() (of which there are 3 versions, one for
> each os - urgh!)
> so we do not rely on a callback here but rather poll the event-queue.

...ok, this helps alot:  I didn't see this dispatchGemWindowMessages():
  I guess I can throw the event checking in there, like the linux code,
and do an InstallEventManager() at window creation...I see that it's
only "called" once in GemMan:createContext():

s_windowClock = clock_new(NULL, (t_method)dispatchGemWindowMessages);

...I'm not familiar with clock_new():  what is this setting it up for?
I'll have to admit I'm not as familiar with some of the underlying
stuff as I should be (is this clock_new() from pd or GEM?)...

>>  Once I get this done, then I'll say "let's release"!  Otherwise,
>> it's just not finished...
> right, i just thought it would be good to feel some pressure again ;-)

...yeh, I'd wandered off from gem for awhile (into gameland:  pretty
much finished porting freespace1/2 and also started helping with
homeworld!)...but I'm back, really!

l8r,
jamie