[GEM-dev] call for compilations

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Jan 7 09:06:44 CET 2004

tigital at mac.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 04:47 PM, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:

> do an InstallEventManager() at window creation...I see that it's only
> "called" once in GemMan:createContext():
>
> s_windowClock = clock_new(NULL, (t_method)dispatchGemWindowMessages);
>
> ...I'm not familiar with clock_new(): what is this setting it up for?
> I'll have to admit I'm not as familiar with some of the underlying stuff
> as I should be (is this clock_new() from pd or GEM?)...

have to admit that i had to search for it too when answering your last mail.
anyhow: clock_new() is the pd-timer and is declared as:
EXTERN t_clock *clock_new(void *owner, t_method fn);
dispatchGemWindowMessages() is called every 10 milliseconds when the
window is created.
(calling itself with "clock_delay(s_windowClock, s_windowDelTime);")

mfg.as.dr