[GEM-dev] call for compilations

tigital at mac.com tigital at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 02:21:09 CET 2004

On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 03:06  AM, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
> have to admit that i had to search for it too when answering your last
> mail.
> anyhow: clock_new() is the pd-timer and is declared as:
> EXTERN t_clock *clock_new(void *owner, t_method fn);
> dispatchGemWindowMessages() is called every 10 milliseconds when the
> window is created.
> (calling itself with "clock_delay(s_windowClock, s_windowDelTime);")

cool...so I don't actually need to use this on OSX, right?  I mean,
assuming that I use the osx carbon event model, which does it's own
polling and event processing...this really makes me wanna look at
polling in general throughout pd, gem, and tcl/tk, because this is kind
of against the recommended "OSX way"...

cul8r,
jamie