[GEM-dev] Still textbase.cpp problems...

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Jan 12 17:27:53 CET 2004

I have version 2.07 of FTGL installed from source from the author's
page.

I tried a number of variations of the configure without any luck, each
time configure does find FTGL though:

checking for FTGLPixmapFont in -lftgl... yes

The FTGL demo's also work fine, FTGL libs and includes installed in
/usr/local

These are the versions of gltt and freetype installed:

gltt-2.5.2-313
freetype-1.3.1-962
freetype2-2.1.4-65
freetype2-devel-2.1.4-65

If I configure gem --without-ftgl it almost compiles fine...
(gets past the textbase stuff but is now not finding -laa!!!
I'll look into aalib now, but I'd really like to get ftgl working.

Thanks
Ben

B. Bogart wrote:
> I updated my cvs today, and am now running suse9 with FTGL working!
> (yay!) The issue with the libGL.la was due to the nvidia driver
(bug).

> So Have gemcvs configured and the compile fails at:

>    char*)
> TextBase.cpp:170: error: `open' undeclared (first use this function)
> TextBase.cpp:170: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for
>    each function it appears in.)

> Any suggestions?

my first idea was: which version of FTGL are you using ?
the current (>2.x) version from the homepage
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/index.html#FTGL
or some pre-compiled package from SuSE/novell ?
the API of FTGL has changed a lot between 1.x and 2.x

however, having had a look at the TextBase.cpp i noticed that the
open()-function is used only in the GLTT-code
so i guess, you have mixed something up with the configure-process.
<sh>
cd src/Gnu
rm config.cache
./configure --with-ftgl
</sh>
you should not need the --with-ftgl since it should autodetect. (if it
is installed in the "proper" locations"
probably you have to add some include/library-paths with
"--includedir"/"--libdir"

mfg.asd.r