[GEM-dev] gemcvs pix_texture: not using client storage??

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Mon Jan 12 18:38:44 CET 2004

Hey Jamie,

It seems OSX does indeed suffer from the "mode 0" issue, if your not
getting feedback! See my other post for details.

Yes this feedback technique (from Rat) was used to make the images on
taproot (and on the pure-data.org art page). I'm really looking forward to
trying them on the powerbook once it arrives, with FSAA and the 9600 I'm
sure it will be very stimulating.

For a tech question, does pix_snap copy the buffer into main memory and
then back to the card, or is all the copying done on the gfx card memory?
I ask because I imagine putting it all on the gfx card would be very very
nice performance wise. (on windows I can run the feedback patch at
128x128 at 30fps on linux I can do 512x512 at 60fps, same patch, same machine,
go figure. ;)

Ben