[GEM-dev] gemcvs pix_texture: not using client storage??

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Mon Jan 12 20:19:27 CET 2004

> what are the options for the configure ? ("./configure --help") if you
> can specify the pd-version (with "--with-pdversion=0.41" then you have a
>  recent copy of the "right" cvs)

Yup thats it, avifile:
linux:/store/Data # avifile-config --libs
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -laviplay -laa

> what does the Base/configLinux.h look like after the configure-process.
> there should be a line like "#define HAVE_LIBFTGL 1" (if you want
> ftgl-support). this define defines another one "FTGL" in TextBase.h
> which does the actual commenting in/out of the correct code.

Yes the FTGL define is in configLinux.h (and GLTT commented out)
Look like FTGL does get set in TextBase.h:

# ifdef HAVE_LIBFTGL
#  define FTGL

So I'm running out of ideas, can I use GLTT rather than FTGL?
I tried ./configure --without-ftgl --with-gltt and the compile goes
through, but the gem text examples don't work:

error: GEM: text3d: unable to create polygonal font

Doh! The font path in the example 03.ChangeText.pd file is wrong,
it should be [font arial.ttf] not [font ../data/arial.ttf]

So I get text now with gltt. So whats the improvement with ftgl?

Thanks
Ben