[GEM-dev] gemcvs pix_texture: not using client storage??

tigital at mac.com tigital at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 20:36:35 CET 2004

On Monday, January 12, 2004, at 02:19  PM, ben at ekran.org wrote:
> Doh! The font path in the example 03.ChangeText.pd file is wrong,
> it should be [font arial.ttf] not [font ../data/arial.ttf]

...yeh, definately a problem when ya don't load the font ;-)  Btw, this
is another sticky spot in the examples when done on osx, because the
patches assume that font's are [loadbang]'ed, but that doesn't do the
right thing on OSX (need to have an opengl context before creating the
gl font representations)...I've been meaning to upload versions of
these examples without the [loadbang], or at least with another comment
explaining that the font needs to be loaded AFTER the gl window has
been created...

> So I get text now with gltt. So whats the improvement with ftgl?

...very big improvement:  extruded 3d fonts!  plus the ability to play
with character vertices and such...

l8r,
jamie