[GEM-dev] gemmouse outlets question

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Mon Jan 19 15:39:18 CET 2004

Hey all,

How about making a new object (with the new functionality) as Johannes
suggests, but rather than including the old version, include an
abstraction which mimics the old behavior. Mark the abstraction as
depreciated and then discontinue it's distribution.

I'm very happy about the prospect of multiple render windows, perhaps even
one GL window for interface and the other for output.. (or previews, you
name it)

Jamie, thanks for the work with the tcl.tk8.5 is certainly huge steps
ahead! There are a couple issues though, lots of render errors (improperly
renders objects), and the performance is certainly better, but the 1.25Ghz
machine still moves GOPS more slowly than windows on the 800Mhz. (Its
about the same on linux.) I'm sure this would be better if I left in the
priority hack, but that make PD close to useless!

Also I'm getting segfaults in OSX with pd/gem I'll send a crashlog once I
accumulate one. Anyone have a shortcut so that I can always run pd (with
flags) in gdb from a script/alias? rather than:

gdb pd
run [pasted lots of stuff]

Thanks!

Ben