[GEM-dev] gemmouse outlets question

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 20 21:26:08 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 ben at ekran.org wrote:

> How about making a new object (with the new functionality) as Johannes
> suggests, but rather than including the old version, include an
> abstraction which mimics the old behavior. Mark the abstraction as
> depreciated and then discontinue it's distribution.

In GridFlow, [@out x11] can emit those messages:

where buttons is a OR of the following:

256 = left button
512 = middle button / side button / wheel press
1024 = right button
2048 = wheel up
4096 = wheel down
and the keyboard modifiers (shift,ctrl,alt,etc)... as X11 does it.

So I use [route position] and then extract list values as needed.

[@out x11] also emits {keypress <keyname>}, {keyrelease <keyname>}, and
{bang} ("frame completed") messages. All of this is done with a single
outlet. What's neat is that it is extensible with other event information.

How do you like it?