[GEM-dev] pd/Gem crashes on OSX, here comes the log!

cgc cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Jan 22 06:29:39 CET 2004

On Jan 21, 2004, at 11:18 AM, <ben at ekran.org> wrote:

> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> 0x053ba520 in gldGetString ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x053ba520 in gldGetString ()
> #1  0x053ba5a4 in gldGetString ()
> #2  0x0536f9a0 in gldGetString ()
> #3  0x02d30224 in pix_snap2tex::stopRendering() (this=0x2) at
> src/Pixes/pix_snap2tex.cpp:258

this could be a gl driver bug.  send me the patch that does this.

> When trying to load a particular jpg that no other program has an
> issue w/
>
> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
> 0x8b16c1e4 in vec_yto32ARGBOne ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x8b16c1e4 in vec_yto32ARGBOne ()
> #1  0x8b1719a8 in getyuvMB ()
> #2  0x8b175cfc in jpegdecompress ()
> #3  0x8b162624 in JPEG_DDrawBand ()
> #4  0x90282784 in CallComponentFunctionCommon ()
> #5  0x8b162f80 in JPEG_DComponentDispatch ()
> #6  0x902814f0 in CallComponent ()

This is a crash way down inside the bowels of Quicktime.  Try using
pix_film to load the jpg - still images work as one frame movies a lot
of the time.  It's kinda funny that it crashed in the YUV to ARGB code.
  Use YUV for jpeg, even stills.

cgc