[GEM-dev] Gem performance profiling

cgc cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Feb 3 21:18:55 CET 2004

On OSX 'profile 1' turns the internal fps meter on, and sending a 'fps'
message to the gemwin will spit out a number at the gemwin outlet.

I've attached a little abstraction that will output the fps in the
gemwin.  Attach a toggle to the left intlet and the output of the
gemwin to the right inlet.  The left outlet goes back to the gemwin
inlet and the right outlet can be connected to a number box.

This is only the total patch throughput, and it's not 'really'
profiling.  For that I cannot strongly enough recommend Apple's CHUD
tools, and Shark in particular for profiling.  In fact, tonight I am
giving a presentation on Shark and code profiling, and might post some
sort of document based on this in the future.

cgc