[GEM-dev] ortho and window size bug or feature?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 6 13:13:48 CET 2004

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hey gem devs,
>
> I noticed something a little odd the other day. I usually work with
> square windows, but have been tinkering with *gasp* video aspect ratio's
> lately.
>
> In other words is using ortho it seems that the object is streched to
> fill the whole window, so if a square is 4x4 it will actually fill a
> screen that is non-square, distorting the square..
>
> This may just be a reault of how ortho works?

i guess it is a bug.

the solution is quite simple and i submitted one to the cvs right now.

anyhow, i think it might break a lot of things.
therefore i have added a message "compat" for compatibility with the old
behaviour. the default is "1" (so you still have the distortion), but
feel free to set it to 0.

probably we should post this to the pd-list too, just to get an idea how
many patches would be broken if we changed the default to non-compatible
mode.

and i fixed a bug withthe [model] object crashing when no model was
loaded (i just noticed when i opened the 02.advanced/02.ortho.pd for
testing)

mfg.a.sdr