[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] Gem Win

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Mar 10 16:58:17 CET 2004

Nvidia cards are the only ones I know of on the market that do have HW
on both heads at the same time. ATI cards will only do accelerated
overlay on one head or the other, not both.

I've never seen a card that does more than two heads both/all
accelerated either, but apparently the nividia chipsets allow this.

Also seems to me two slower machines with fast-cheap cards would be
cheaper than one supper machine with one fast dual-head card.  If you
are reading a lot of textures off disk two machines becomes even more
efficient.

Ben