[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] Still with the GEM!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 12 12:21:00 CET 2004

thewade wrote:
> IOhannes hast gesagt

> I know that their different packages, but I figured that sence glut runs on GL that glut would install GL as well... Bad assumption. It turns out that xfree86 comes with its own gl drivers. Perhaps I overwrote or failed to verwrite these drivers.

the assumption is correct, as you cannot run (or compile) glut without
having gl installed. (but glut doesn't come with gl - nor does it come
with an operating-system event though one is required to run glut ;-))

>>so let us start from scratch

 >>compile it with \"gcc gltest.c -lGL\"
 >

 > This compiles to a.out with no complaint! How come this file
compiles, but the configure script dies?

indeed, very confusing.

> Yes, thank you!
>

>>simply do \"export LIBS=-L/path/to/my/libraries/that/cannot/be/found\"
>>prior to running configure.
>>\"export\" is bash-specific, you might have to use something different for
>>your shell.
>

> configure still dies...

hmmm

> Is there some way to verify that the configure script is doing the right thing?

well, you could go and edit the script and put some debugging
information into it.

or you could look at the config.log file that is produced during
configuration.
what does it say (in the last lines ?)

and try to compile the gltest.c file with the command you found there.

mfg.a.sdr