[GEM-dev] Re: Gem/src/Base GemCache.cpp,1.4,1.4 GemCache.h,1.3,1.3

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 26 09:02:55 CET 2004

Zitiere chris clepper <cgc at humboldtblvd.com>:

> On Mar 25, 2004, at 11:40 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> > any tests ?
>
> This magically cured the random crash on OSX deep inside the OS window
> destruction routines.  Why the hell this worked I have no clue.

good to hear.
basically it was just about using freed memory, which naturally leads to random
crashes.

> The only thing I've found broken now is that stopping then starting
> rendering turns off all of the pix_ objects.  I put m_processOnOff = 1;
>
> in the startRendering() in GemPixObj, but that didn't seem to work.  I
>
> couldn't find any explicit setting of this beyond the constructor
> arguments anywhere else in GEM.  Any ideas?

i just tried and it seems to work for me (on linux): tried [pix_rtx] (with
[pix_video]), [pix_rds], [pix_aging] and [pix_halftone] (with [pix_image])
to set the m_processOnOff when turning rendering on does *not* seem to be a good
idea, as it is the On/Off flag for the pix-fx (e.g.: you can turn off an effect
by sending a 0 to the leftmost inlet) as is defined in the floatMessCallback of
GemPixObj.

furthermore i don't think that the problem is hidden in the m_processOnOff (who
would turn it off ?); the only changes that have been made, effected the m_cache
(resp: m_rightCache) so probably we should look for the bug in there.

could you send (or mention) a patch that does not work ?

mfga.sdr.