[GEM-dev] Re: mouse coords

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 21:05:51 CEST 2004

On Mar 30, 2004, at 11:36 AM, ben at ekran.org wrote:

> I think the coords should be consitant in the window across platforms,
> otherwise pointer-entry projects would not be cross-platform. 20-pixels
> offset can be quite an anoyance doing collition detection!

ok ben,

...I poked and asked around some more, and whaddaya know?  I came up
with a solution:  instead of grabbing window relative coords, we now
get global coords and then use QDGlobalToLocalPoint() to convert to
window relative...outside of solving the problem with/without title
bar, it also doesn't reset to {0,0} when the mouse leaves the window,
so no more auto-moving to {0,0} when the mouse leaves the window!  Yay!

...even better, it's now in cvs, so give a bang and make sure it's
working!

jamie