[GEM-dev] rc3 thoughts

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 7 19:40:49 CEST 2004

James Tittle II wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2004, at 5:19 AM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
>>> -  pix_objects that don't have the ability to deal with a certain pixel
>>>
>>> format just return "pix object cannot handle *", which isn't very
>>> informative:  what if someone has many pix's, but only one isn't
>>> supporting the needed pixel format?
>>

>> indeed i have always wanted the objects to know their own name.
>> since you requested it, i have checked it into the CVS now:
>> so the error now is more like "pix object [pix_alpha] cannot handle YUV".
>> but of course, still the user has no clue about what could be done on
>> their side
>> to fix this.
>

> ...great!  I'll check it out...but then, I noticed your quick n'dirty
> method of getting pix_kaleidascope to work in YUV, so I've gone thru and
> changed the other "pete's-plugins-ports"...not in cvs yet, but should be
> by the end of the day...

and because of all the good vibes i have also fixed the
[pix_rgba]/[pix_yuv]/[pix_grey] colourspace-conversions on macOS.
so know everybody who wants to can convert between yuv and rgba and
whatever (don't tell chris about it as he won't like it;-))

but what's more:
with [pix_rgba] working and your checkin's of pete's plugins i suddenly
noticed that some of them didn't like the alpha-channel. (gosh it was
annoying: the objects now worked in yuv but when i switched to rgba
everything went black - t00k me a while until i discovered that there
was a leftover [alpha] that made all the textures invisible...)
anyhow i (think i) have fixed this now too.

mfg.as.dr