[GEM-dev] Next week?

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri May 14 06:05:03 CEST 2004

On May 13, 2004, at 1:51 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> ok.
> so i have finally found a bug that kept most pix-objects crashing on
> deletion and fixed  it.
> apart from this i noticed the lumaoffset crash once in a while (but i
> wouldn't say that it appears "religiously when turning smooth on")
> i haven't tried to fix it, as you seem to have almost done it already.

I'll check and see how that change works out.  I haven't had too many
crashes from that code however.

I've limited the valid range for 'offset' in lumaoffset to
image.ysize/2 and that seems to have cured the crashes with YUV.  RGB
still segfaults at a line of pointer chasing around line 240.  I'm a
bit stumped as I've set up even more bounds checking and moved global
variables to local and so on, but I can still crash it 100% of the
time.  I'm getting tired of trying to figure out what the hell this
code does by following a ton of very similarly named pointers around.
I might go line by line and comment the thing...

I have one question about imageStruct::reallocate() though.  Should the
comparison be size != datasize instead of  size < datasize?  I would
expect the buffer to resize whenever there was a need to change it.

> how are the G5-tests ?

I'm hoping they will happen this weekend.  I'm pretty sure that GEM
will run fine on one, but it would be nice to have a metric for
performance, and find any glaring bugs as well.

cgc