[GEM-dev] Next week?

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Wed May 19 04:17:58 CEST 2004

On May 15, 2004, at 3:06 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> chris clepper wrote:
>> On May 14, 2004, at 12:41 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> Try a negative number for offset -  that's what I use to crash RGBA on
>
> well, i have tried both +10000 and -10000 and it *seemed* to work.

...uh, guys, the range of values in the original source code for line
offset is supposed to only be -127 to 127 ;-)  Do ya really think we
need to go all the way to +/-10000?

>>> furthermore i have fixed the [pix_dot] on macOS.
>> I didn't even know it needed fixing.

...cool, I'd totally forgotten about this after getting pix_halftone
working...

> oh...on our G4 in YUV it produced little green squares instead of
> white circles. they didn't change at all. (actually it was the same
> bug as in pix_halftone : the shifts where for the high-byte where we
> low-byte was needed)
>
>>> and finally i have added a "yuv"-message to the [pix_texture]-object
>>> to disable direct YUV-texturing on demand (because our g4 doesn't
>>> like em)
>> Let me guess - you have a Geforce 2MX card and run 10.3?  It might be
>> worth trying the 10.2 drivers which don't seem to have the crazy dual
>> image problem.  I have no idea how to get this problem fixed because
>> Nvidia has little to no presence in the Mac developer sphere.
>
> it is a geForce-4MX; but i think 10.3 might be right (i have no idea
> how to get the version when logging in via ssh)
>
>>> so that should  be it (?)
>> I don't think Jamie has committed the halftone fixes yet.

...working on getting it in tonight:  real life deadlines have been
everywhere for me lately...

>> I'm ready to get this release out, and can have builds ready to go by
>> Monday or Tuesday of next week.

...yeh, I think we're really getting close!  But, I've got a question:
why did whoever it was add all those inlets?  Unless we're gonna put in
some kind of "tooltips", I think that having 8 different unlabeled
inlets is a great example of bad user interface...

jamie