[GEM-dev] Next week?

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Thu May 20 02:05:47 CEST 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 12:19 PM, James Tittle II wrote:

> On May 19, 2004, at 12:10 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> i have removed the hardcoded shifts and replaced them by SHIFT_* (yah,
> i know, this is also hardcoded, but kind of platform-independent)
>>
>> now it works (on linux), but: are there vertical stripes of lower
>> intensity intended ? see http://iem.at/~zmoelnig/GEM/halftone/ for
>> what i mean
>
> ...sorry I didn't get the shift's in there right off the bat...as far
> as the vertical stripes, it looks the same here:  that's why I held
> off committing it...I'm guessing that there's something wrong with the
> area averaging, but I haven't found it...in any event, it seems better
> at getting an image across than the previous method?

...ok, after playing around with this even more, I noticed that it's
not a problem with area averaging, but with how the "dots" actually get
drawn...it became apparent when I was looking at some of the other
shapes (diamond especially):  the left side is being drawn correctly in
yuv, but not the right side...this must have something to do with the
calcCorners or the rotate vertex algorithm, but I haven't picked it
totally yet...

...just some public musings...
jamie