[GEM-dev] newWave texture bug

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 25 19:44:31 CEST 2004

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> I just notice a change with newWave texturing.
> The texture is no more distorded with 0.90 like it was with 0.88
>
> I prefer the way it was, does the old comportement is lost?

not really, but there is just some weird texture-type flipping everytime
the image-format changes...

> I also notice that it is no more possible to texture the primitive in
> line or point mode (only fill).

ok.

> anyway, when opening the "exemple/07.texture/05.newWave.pd" help file,
> the primitive is all the same color. I need to destroy and create a
> second time the gem-windows to have the correct texture on the primitive
> (util next time you start pd).
> this bug is happening only with newWave, not with other primitives.

"destroy+create" is a bit oversized for this; the main thing is, that
you have to turn off rendering and on again (which is done - in the
help-patch - by destruction+creation)

i have fixed this a bit now (texturing works now in line+point mode too;
the object can handle rectangle-textures; the texture-type (what you
call "distortion" can be set via a message)
i will check it into the cvs later.

for binaries you will have to wait a bit....

mfg.a.sdr