[GEM-dev] branch: newWave_textures

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 30 14:58:57 CEST 2004

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
 > chris clepper wrote:

 > right.
 > i have just made some changes because of the newWave-bug that cyrille
 > discovered and now i'm hesitating to check in ;-)
 >
 > i do think, we could relax the branching to "heavy changes" (e.g: what
 > you call "changing the core functionality" and which could seriously
 > break things, e.g. because the GemState is changed.
 >
 > as for small objects that are not likely to break anything (especially:
 > compilation!!!) they probably should go into the main dev-trunk
 > immediately.
 >

 > now i'll wait for some comments too, until i check in (to be honest: i
 > was thinking slowly and have committed it to the v0_90 already; but at
 > l(e)ast i thought...)

ok, as there have been no comments at all i have branched and checked in
the newWave-changes;
branch-name: newWave_textures
aim: make textures work correctly on newWave

changes done so far:
- more support for texture-coordinates
- switchable texture-algorithm: normal(0) vs. spheric(1)
- removed a lot of variables that i could not understand and that didn't
do anything in the actual code.

some tests are required to merge it back again.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes

PS: should we setup something like gem-cvs so everyone would know
automatically when changes are made  ? the traffic isn't that high so we
could eventually use this list ????