[GEM-dev] Some newbie questions (sorry)

Ronan Puce Muse r.leboite.pm at birdsinplane.com
Fri Jul 9 23:56:09 CEST 2004

Oki thanx a lot for the answer chris.

buffer 1 works well. In fact i did not know how to use it and did not know
that gemhead had to be banged to launch single buffer mode display. As it
seems automatic in double buffer mode.
By the way, i've done some things with a lot of vertexes (about 4000)
displayed in point mode. Im glad it works quite well but something
embrassing: the fact that it is using single buffer makes it flicker.

I've compiled a version of the gem dll without the line 1290 (should be)
//glClear(m_clear_mask);

I dont see why there should be such an initialisation because we have a
quite complete wrapper for opengl.
But i can understand why it stands here. Why not setting a particular
message to gemwindow that could disable ALL initialisations (buffers,
projections, model views, etc...) for a correct use of the wrapper.

If no one does yet, i could do some help files for  the wrapper use (i didnt
find any)

i'd like to add some extensions functionalities like texture rendering using
pixel buffers, i believe that considering that like extensions of the Opengl
wrapper, that could be easy ?

i hope that my remarks will be usefull
Ronan