[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] Gem compile problems

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Jul 27 10:32:52 CEST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> ? what is the use of the libavifile-packages if using it as a dependency
> is considered a bug ?
>
> this should probably go to the debian-packaging-system: wouldn't it be a
> great idea to have *optional* build-depends.

actually there is a way to do that, and I am thinking about implementing
it. One minor problem I have with libavifile7 on Debian is that it has
like 5 bugs open that keep it from entering into testing. This will keep
gem from doing so too.
Well, maybe I just compile against the old one libavifile6

Guenter