[GEM-dev] vertex_array branch

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 10 09:26:46 CEST 2004

hi chris. hi all

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

 > haven't tested [vertex_quad] (crashes, but haven't looked why),
 > [vertex_grid] and [vertex_combine] yet.

both of them crashed instantly on my machines.
i have tracked the error down to [vertex_draw] and fixed it there (a
missing check for some state-pointer to a float-array)

> what i do not understand on [color_set] is
> a) the name: wouldn't [vertex_color] fit better (to see what it is meant
> for, like [part_color])
> b) the message "number": why is it "number" and not "vertex" as in
> [vertex_offset] ? i think the 2 are so similiar that 2 different
> messages for the same behaviour is non-intuitive.

any comments on these ?
i would like to release this as soon as possible (to not start releasing
for 3 years again...)

would it make sense to put it in a separate directory (just like
particles) ??

mfg.as.dr