[GEM-dev] vertex proposals

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Fri Aug 27 00:22:41 CEST 2004

hello,

>>_sources_: OBJ-loader, grid, quad, supershape, random, sphere,...
>>_sinks_: draw, OBJ-exporter
>>_manips_(with only a lefthand gemlist): add(=offset), scale, set,
>>matrix-multiplication, rotation
>>_manips2_(with 2 gemlists): add, mul, set, blend
>>_misc_: info, merge (e.g. take array1 of gemlist1 as color and array4 of
>>gemlist2 as vertex)

what about deformation of shape?
I mean primitives that can be distorded.
I imagine by exemple a primitive that create a vertex array that could
move to create sinusoidal oscillation. the aim of this primitive is to
be mixed with other shape with somes manips2 object in order to distord
a complex model.

or if you prefer mathematics, I imagine primitive creating an array like
this :
X=0, Y=0, Z=sin(index + time) ; // this is only an exemple
this array is not really interesting by itself, but can be used to
distord an original model.

does this make sense?
or maybe this is useless cause it could already be done with manips
object (add, sinus, etc).

Cyrille