[GEM-dev] vertex proposals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 30 17:28:24 CEST 2004

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> too. however, __VBO is dead slow (needs 4* more CPU), so i have enabled
> it only for __APPLE__;

after your last check-ins, things improved by numbers.

however, there is still one problem (at least on my system):
when using VBOs, any changes i make to the vertices (e.g. with
[vertex_offset]) are not uploaded to the card any-more.
is this behavious on all platforms ? since i don't see any
apple-specific things i assume so.
therefore i have added a vertexDirty flag to GemState (and GemCache...)
and rewrote setModified() for GemVertex-objects to set this dirty-flag
when apropriate to reschedule the upload.

this works quite well for me (but still might be sub-optimal...)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes

PS: i have removed all the vertex-objects from Geos/