[GEM-dev] some new code

Ronan Puce Muse r.leboite.pm at birdsinplane.com
Wed Sep 15 20:01:21 CEST 2004

> You should become a developer since you are interested in working on
> advanced features, and also seem to be working on Windows.  It would be
> good to have someone to help out with the render targets and shading,
> and you will get some help with figuring out GEM's internal
> architecture.

Hello Chris,

I am very interrested in getting involved in the project, and as you suggest
it, help on undertanding Gem's internal architecture is quite "critical" for
me, because the only structure graph i got was from the "gem for max"
project page and this wasn't so educative as it's quite easy to build from
any advanced IDE.

I think that i'll continue to work on Cg though as i really need this at
this moment. But if i can get a good Shader bunch of classes, i bet that it
wont be very hard for me to port it to the official OpenGL shading language
(tell me if i'm wrong).

I have also studied pBuffers, as i needed one to render to texture (even if
i'm using the wgl extension). But the pbuffer I implemented is internal to
the object i did. This is also due to the fact that i dont know much about
the Gem's architecture.

Again, if someone using windows is interrested in looking what i did, i can
provide sources, dll and pd files.

Greetings
Ronan