[GEM-dev] Missing GemVertex.h from CVS??

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Sep 30 17:17:29 CEST 2004

Hey all,

I'm trying to compile Gem for OSX again (been some time off it). The first
error I'm getting is that the Base/GemVertex.h file is missing. I looked
in my checkout and indeed it is missing. I browsed the CVS on sourceforge
and sure enough it is missing (or not in src/Base).

Could someone put this in CVS??

I'm working on a project where we need to impliment an OSG
(OpenSceneGraph) model loader into Gem, so I'll need to (often) compile
Gem often from CVS on OSX. As far as I know the project I'm using should
work fine, but I'm always weary of changed/missing files. If anyone has
the expertise (and time) It would be really great to be able to compile
Gem from commandline. This way it can make its way into build systems, but
also it makes new developer contributions easier. I really appreciate the
efforts from CGC and Jamie around compiling for OSX, but I find it absurd
that I need to manually add changed files to the project. A build process
that is always in sync with CVS (automatically) would be really nice. I'll
look into this when I have the time, but it is certainly not my area of
expertise.

Anyhow I appologise for more questions coming from me as I try to
integrate this new code (working on linux) into my Gem build.

Thanks all
Ben