[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] Gem initial trial run errors.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 11 20:32:03 CEST 2004

thewade wrote:

> /* ../Base/configLinux.h.  Generated by configure.  */
> #define HAVE_LIBFTGL 1
> /* #undef HAVE_LIBGLTT */
> /* #undef HAVE_LIBMPEG */
> #define HAVE_LIBMPEG3 1
> #define HAVE_LIBQUICKTIME 1
> #define HAVE_LIBAVIPLAY 1
> /* #undef HAVE_LIBAVFORMAT */
> /* #undef HAVE_LIBAVCODEC */
> #define HAVE_LIBDV 1
> /* #undef HAVE_MMX */

looks perfect.

> pix_texture seems to be the error because when I replace everything below
> pix_film in 05.film.pd with pix_draw I can see video (the alea.mpg video).
> What dows this mean? Is the address of the texture space on the video card
> being mis-addressed somehow (just a 64bit guess)?

1st i noticed that the new configure silently ignores the
not-so-new-any-more idea of integrating several different codec-libs.
please add "-D__NEW__" to the CXXFLAGS in Make.config. (i don't think
that this will fix any of the current problems, but probably some others
that haven't yet popped up...)
you will have to recompile the whole thing (not the whole thing, just
the stuff in Pixes/)

you might have a problem with non-power-of-2 textures (yes, i do know
that your textures are power-of-2 (at least alea.mpg and anim-1.mov))
try sending "mode 0/1" and "client_storage 0/1" to the [pix_texture] and
see what happens.

what graphic card do you have ? nvidia ? try using their headers (on
debian they come with nvidia-glx-dev but you have to copy them from
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/dev/include/GL to /usr/include/GL)

as for aviplay: you will most probably need some codecs to decode most
avi's. i don't think there are some for amd64

as for quicktime: qtplay comes with quicktime (on debian it is in
quicktime-xutils); make sure you are using version 0.9.3 (has fixed some
issues)

mfg.ca.ser