[GEM-dev] DV support uses deprecated header file

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 12 13:01:25 CEST 2004

guenter geiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just stumbled over this when trying to do the Debian package.
> The header file libdv/dv1394.h does not exist anymore in the
> libdv package. I had to disable libdv support.

i know.

what would be the best + simplest way to handle this ?

include the dv1394.h with gem (i've seen some other apps that do it like
this) ???

i see that the dv1394.h is included in the kernel-source, however it
does not get installed in /usr/include/.
what is the clean way to handle this ??

or do we have to re-write dv-support from scratch ?

> Otherwise I hope I have fixed the problem the Debian package had
> with FTGL support.

is there any reason that configure *only* autodetects installed things ?
i mean, is it generally bad style to enable/disable and with/without
things via the configure ?
or should we add this again to the new and cleaner script ?

mfg.asd.r