[GEM-dev] Compiling Vertex Array stuff under OSX

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Oct 15 05:11:47 CEST 2004

On Oct 14, 2004, at 12:10 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> I'm using OSX on 10.3.2 (Because I tried getting Gem to work on a
> french 1GHz
> powerbook and I could not get pix_video to work, only sending a green
> texture.
> It works fine in other applications though.
>
> Also I can't get pix_film to load a animation compressed QT. It just
> send a
> green texture. QT opens it fine directly. These last two issues are
> based on the
> gem binary on taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc

YUV is the default for the OSX version of GEM due to it being absurdly
faster than RGB for the same sources.

Send a 'colorspace rgb' message to both objects and reset the video
using 'reset' and reload the video.  RGB is the colorspace of Animation
and None QT codecs and are definitely in the minority compared to the
rest of the available codecs.  Your video capture source must have been
a webcam which are about the only RGB devices I've come across.

cgc