[GEM-dev] Can't create 1024x1024 gemwin? (OSX)

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 22:27:02 CEST 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 3:02 PM, B. Bogart wrote:
> I'm trying to create a 1024x1024 gemwindow and I cannot get it to
> render!
>
> The window gets created but it remains totally white and never renders
> any
> objects. When I lower to 1000x1000 it seems to work fine black
> background with
> objects rendered. I took a little walk through the code and did not
> see anything
> limiting a resolution to 1000x1000... I have no idea what is up.
>
> 1001x 1001 also does not work... looks like everything over 1000 is no
> go.

...sounds like a VRAM limitation?  What kind of card are you using, and
are you using spanning monitors?  Also, what else is open,
application-wise?  Remember that everything (windows and icons) in OSX
is resident on the card, so if you have less than 32MB's you'll
eventually run into this problem :-(

jamie