[GEM-dev] problem to start gem

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 8 13:26:11 CET 2004

hi.

this seems to me like a loop

bastien beliah wrote:

>>ok, here we go:
>>i suppose you have pd installed on your computer; if not install it, as
>>gem will not work without pd.
>>now remember where you have installed pd. if you don't know search for
>>pd.exe.
>>on my system pd.exe is in "C:\Programme\pd\bin\pd.exe" : therefore my
>>PDPATH is "C:\Programme\pd\" (just strip the last "bin\pd.exe")
>>if your pd.exe was "D:\puredata\bin\pd.exe", the PDPATH would be
>>"D:\puredata"
>>
>>now edit the line "set PDPATH=C:\programme\pd"
>>to "set PDPATH=D:\puredata"
>>(or whatever matches your installation)
>>

>>mfg.a.sdr
>>IOhannes
>
> OK! I had pd on my computer until the begingin (no problem with that) and  it's install in C:\Program Files\pd\bin\pd.exe (more or less like you I guess). So what should I do? Is that correct? should I change something?

no, it is not like me
i have "C:\Programme\pd" instead of "C:\Program Files\pd"
i think this is a severe difference.
windows cannot (yet) translate filenames for you.

so set the line to read
	set PDPATH="C:\Program Files\pd"

you might need the quotes.
it might not work at all (because of the space between "Program" and
"Files")
it would be better anyhow to install pd into a place without spaces:
e.g. "C:\pd"

mfg.a.sdr