[GEM-dev] pix_analyse_colors

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Nov 23 13:26:36 CET 2004

> i am still wondering whether it wouldn't be better to make this
> behaviour with a new (and working) version of [pix_resize] and
> [pix_dump] (i mean: if [pix_resize] would take arguments for the new
> size and this size could be 1x1 *and* the resizing would do
> interpolation than this would do almost the same as
> [pix_analyse_colors] (i think it is rather [pix_mean_color], but who
> cares) and it would be more flexible (finally the object we need to
> mix/merge/... images of different sizes)
you are right with the name ...

> we could then have a look at performance and eventually include it as
> an abstraction.
right ... at the moment pix_histo / pix_dump would imply quite some pd
message handling overhead ...

> but thanks anyhow.
> btw, have you tested the greyscale code ?
works on my machine ...

> this is possible (but in this case you haveis quite an elementary
> object that should rather go into Gem itself)
> under linux it is simple, on windows you probably now better than me
hm ... i might have a look into it ... but not today ...

btw, i don't think, you judge me right ... i'm not really a windoze ...
hacker ... in fact the whole asio code was written on linux with a smb
connection to win ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783