[GEM-dev] pf/pdp/3dp in Gem

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 17:20:04 CET 2004

...now that IOhannes has committed something, I may as well start to
discuss naming, too :-)

On Nov 24, 2004, at 11:09 AM, B. Bogart wrote:

> to match the convension of gem
>
> pdp_in and pdp_out would be best
>
> (since we have sub-chains with prefixes in gem, pix_ vertex_ etc.. )

...I think this holds to the general design of gem, too; but...

>> [gem_pdp.out] and [gem_pdp.in] seem ok to me
>>
>> or even
>>
>> [out_pdp] and [in_pdp] to keep them shorter, since most gem
>> objects don't have a gem_ prefix.

...I'm not sure that in and out are the best terms here? (although they
aren't the worst, and make pretty good sense once ya see a patch)...

How about something more like [gem_to_pdp] & [gem_from_pdp]?

2 cents 2 late,
jamie