[GEM-dev] Re: [PD] motion detection with gem?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Nov 28 14:25:18 CET 2004

> I read on the TODO of Gem that the motion detection has to be
> implemented first but I want to know if somebody tried some
> 'workarounds' to get something like motion detection. I think about
> using an infrared camera which will input a black/withe signal.
> Any suggestions?
for a project i'm doing, i use a different approach with optical trigger
fields that send out a bang, if movement has been detected in a certain
area of the incoming image ...
it's not tested very well (works for my purpose) and i didn't send it to
the gem-list, since it's probably possibly to rewrite it as an
abstraction...
i attached the source files, maybe it can be of use ... in general i
think that image analyse functions in gem should be improved ... either
in c++ or in abstractions (whatever is faster)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk