[GEM-dev] Re: multiple_window: the questions begin!

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Dec 1 19:44:57 CET 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 1:18 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Q1: How far along are things for multiple windows? (time-wise)

...as I understand, IOhannes has had a working proposition for linux in
cvs since sometime in august...I'm just now getting around to try it
out on OSX, and I don't know what's going on with windoze...in any
event, there's no way to estimate a time to completion :-/

> Q2: Will multiple windows open the door to render to a texture as if
> it was just
> another window? (I can think of many uses for this in relation to
> pixelTANGO)

...yep, that's my main motiviation (err, at least render to
pBuffer)...but it also means all kinds of other things, like web
browsers or screen windows if you can't see your second display!

> What if there is a gemwin outlet that deals with all input events,
> keyboard,
> mouse etc.. The format could follow the HID format, which would mean
> that
> abstractions made to work with HID would be fully compatible with Gem
> window
> events

...are you talking about something in specific?  I'm not familiar with
what the "HID format" is:  can you provide a link?  (sorry Hans!  I
haven't been following the HID stuff closely ;-| )

l8r,
jamie