[GEM-dev] Re: [PD-dev] pdp2gem question

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 13 16:46:34 CET 2004

james tittle wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2004, at 5:41 AM, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> the "other" idea (tom's) was, to be able to build include pdp-chains
>> within gem-chains; this is: one library would be master, the other one
>> would be slave, as opposed to the egaliterian "bridge"-solution. it
>> might be easier to code if Gem was master (as a first step).
>
> ...I think this is more for libpdp and such:  my target atm is
> pdp-0.12-4, because that's in wider use atm...so I don't think there'd

i am not really sure about this (so that is why tom is in the explicite
receivers' list of the thread tooo...)

[gem_pdp.out] would just emit normal pdp-packets, so i think these would
be understood by older pdp objects too.
i am not completely sure, what would be the content of these packages:
probably just the pixel-stuff (in case someone wants a Gem-pixel-source)
and the knowledge, that there is a valid openGL-context right now (which
would even allow to use (unthreaded) 3dp)

btw i guess this would also allow the usage of pdp on windows, as the
only non-portable things are (i think) input and output (which would be
handled by Gem)

> be much duplication, as I'm just doing the dirty work of optimizing yv12
> to/from other pixel formats ;-)

so this means, you are hacking GemPixUtils ? good!

mfg.a.dr