[GEM-dev] [OT] creation of .obj on blender

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 19:49:33 CET 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 1:23 PM, cyrille henry wrote:
  i'm triing to use gem vertex array stuff.
> to be able to draw my own model is important, so I install blender.
> i did not find a way to export blender shape on a .obj file.
>
> can anyone help me?
> or should I use an other software than blender?

hey cyrille,

...blender does handle a whole lot of importing and exporting by
itself:  however, it is very extendable via it's python api :-)  So
I've attached a coupla scripts that you should put in your blender
"scripts" directory...then when you're running blender, you may have to
get the preference set for this folder...I forget exactly what this is
called, but once blender knows where to look for scripts, you'll be
able to import and export obj's!

...plus, you can also find many other import/export scripts on
blender.org...just use the search function...

hth,
jamie