[GEM-dev] branches: SIMD & vertex-array going MAIN!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 15 04:55:56 CET 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, james tittle wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> ...wha?  GridFlow doesn't know anything about 3d atm...sure, I can see
> use of gridflow's matrix manipulations:

In GridFlow, the convention for representing a M-sided polygon embedded in
a N-dimensional space, is to use a grid of size (M,N) where each row is a
vertex. Edges go from each vertex to the next one, modulo M.

I haven't made any operations specific to polygons, except
[@draw_polygon], which is crummy. Many objects of GridFlow do interesting
things on polygons. One starting point would be to try out things with
[@remap_image] and make the analogy between that context (the indexmap
context) and the polygon context, because both are geometric.

E.g. [@ + 42] on a pixmap does brightness adjustment, but [@ + 42] on an
indexmap does a translation (it moves the coordinates). However [@ + 42]
on polygons also does a translation, because although indexmaps and
polygons are different, they are also much the same.