[GEM-dev] System and Gui blocking on OS X

heimie at selective.de heimie at selective.de
Tue Jan 25 11:04:02 CET 2005

Hi there,
i just read IOhannes` post on realtime and linux issues.
perhaps this is something related, since the symptoms are pretty
similar.
so, if i do some video processing that it too much for my cpu
(which happens quite often on my G3-900 iBook) my system is completely
overloaded an i can not even kill the process, because i cannot
access my terminal any more. the video is still running and being
processed though, but i am out of the busines.
the only way to avoid this is to set the "gemwin" to a low framerate.
is there another way to do this?
gem seems to try to get the maximum results at all cost.
can somebody help me, please?!
is there some way to lower the framerate dynamically at runtime or
something like a framedrop external?

regards,

sebastian